6 Amazing Holiday Destinations in Asia for a Pocket Friendly Vacation
Do you often daydream about jetting off on a well-deserved pocket friendly vacation, only to remember that you can’t afford it? The good news is that Asia is full of budget friendly locations that are perfect for backpacking and spending longer holidays.
Nowadays, you can enjoy the perks of vacationing at exotic locations without worrying about your bank balance. You should plan ahead using the Daily Backpacker Index to figure out how much the trip will cost you.
Countries in Asia have something for everyone; you can visit beaches and enjoy nature, go on long shopping trips or experience the culture and history of these unique places. Here are 6 holiday destinations in Asia for a pocket friendly vacation you can splurge on if you have a tight budget:
1. Bangkok, Thailand: Although Thailand is now an infamous holiday location, it remains one of the most entertaining and budget-friendly places to go on vacation. This is because there are a number of cheap hotels and hostels to stay in and Bangkok is famous for its delicious street food that costs next to nothing.
This makes Thailand a great place to visit with friends. The city also offers countless activities and places to buy souvenirs and trinkets. Also, Bangkok is well known as a beacon for shoppers everywhere; with countless stores and a huge range of products at affordable prices. This vibrant, sprawling city has a Daily Backpacker Index of THB 844 = US$23.55/day.
2. Siem Reap, Cambodia: Cambodia is a colorful country full of surprises, perfect for the traveler on a budget. The city is home to the wondrous Angkor Wat temple complex, an attraction as old and as fascinating as the Pyramids or the Roman Amphitheaters. Besides this, Siem Reap has a unique cuisine and friendly locals. The city also a number of cultural attractions and places to buy local crafts. Also, Angkor beer at happy hour costs just 50 cents. What more could one ask for? The Daily Backpacker Index for Siem Reap is just US$23.70/day.
3. Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: Kuala Lumpur is your one-stop destination if you want to spend your holiday exploring a huge metropolitan city as well as experiencing an exotic culture. The capital city of Malaysia has a very modern atmosphere and is full of shopping complexes, as well as a number of museums and art galleries. Despite this, Kuala Lumpur is one of the cheapest places to live in and the living costs are very reasonable.
Most tourists love the fusion of culture in Malaysia and one can feel the influence of Indian and Chinese culture in Kuala Lumpur. With so many places to visit and things to do, Kuala Lumpur is perfect for a family trip. The combination of modern and exotic culture, combined with the unique and affordable cuisine makes Kuala Lumpur one of the best places to visit in Asia. The Daily Backpacker Index for this thrilling location is MYR 83.20 = US$27.10/day.
4. Goa, India: If you want cheap holiday destination with sandy beaches, glorious sunsets and scrumptious food, look no further than Goa. This location is ideal for a relaxing vacation where you can enjoy the sun and the sea. There are almost no franchises in Goa so you will get an authentic Indian experience.
Most tourists stay in bungalows at extremely cheap prices, although there are also high-end hotels. The food is plentiful and cheap and the alcohol is even cheaper, making Goa a dream come true for most tourists. A holiday here will not empty your pockets as you won’t have to spend more than INR646 or US$14.23/day.
5. Hoi An, Vietnam: If you want to visit a lesser known holiday destination, look no further than Hoi An. This city is popular for its old timey feel as it is a perfectly preserved Chinese fishing village. It is also filled with cheap shops, restaurants and tailors. Hoi An is the perfect place to go exploring if you want to feel the charm of this city.
There are very few hostels so tourists have to stay at a hotel, making Hoi An a little more expensive than other places in Vietnam, but the cost of living is still quite reasonable. The Daily Backpacker Index for this place is VND 505,500 = $22.22/day.
6. Xi’an, China: Xi’an is the perfect holiday destination for history buffs looking for a budget friendly vacation. This bustling city is the home of the Terracotta Warriors as well as mausoleums and museums full of ancient artifacts. You can go on guided tours if you’re confused about what to see first.
Xi’an has countless hotels, hostels and places to stay at very low prices. Food, drinks and entertainment are also pretty cheap, especially when compared to cities like Beijing and Shanghai. However, costs can start to add up if you stay in Xi’an for an extended holiday. On average, a vacation here won’t cost all that much. The Daily Backpacker Index for Xi’an is NY 198.40 = US$28.51/day.
Going abroad for a vacation doesn’t have to empty out your bank account. Asia is full out of the way places that are very affordable to visit. The continent has something for everyone to enjoy, with countless tourist attractions and places to see.
A trip backpacking through Malaysia, Thailand and Cambodia will be a memorable holiday, whether you are going on a trip with friends, or going on a family pocket friendly vacation. So what are you waiting for? Pick a place to visit today and start packing!
Party Table Linens, Throw Pillows and
Much more to decor your home